Young Bear Environmental Consulting provides a diverse portfolio of environmental services to public and private clients. Our professionals have significant corporate, consulting, and government work experience and specialize in each of these sectors. Accordingly, we understand our clients' challenges and needs and provide appropriate solutions that consistently improve their projects.
The abundance of environmental laws, regulations, standards, and guidance demand a proactive approach in order for projects to be successful. YBE Consulting stays current with federal, state, and local regulatory agencies and guidelines to be sure our clients receive the best service and results. We are especially adept at preparing joint federal/state environmental documents with multiple-agency jurisdictions to expedite the permitting timeline.
For over 30 years, our scientists have successfully assisted engineers, planners, and developers with environmental resource permits (ERP) services including:
• Collaborating and consulting with you, your engineer and planner, working at their direction
• Supporting your design team to get your project through permitting as expediently and cost-effectively as possible
• Createing project designs that incorporate a simple solution that will be the least burdensome during operation and maintenance once the project has been built.
• Making sure the justification for wetland impacts is defensible.
Our professionals offer expertise in both Florida Environmental Resource Permitting (ERP) and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) Permitting regulations that cover:
• Wetland Delineations
• Wetland Assessments/Ranking
• Development of Avoidance and Mitigation Strategies
• Wetland Mitigation Designs
• Wetland/Upland Restoration and Maintenance Plans
Clients throughout Southeastern U.S., from Alabama to Florida, have engaged our environmental consulting firm to assist in permitting projects involving a number of state and federal agencies, regulations and acronyms, including:
• Wetland Rapid Assessment Procedure (WRAP)
• Uniform Mitigation Assessment Method (UMAM)
• Department of Natural Resources (DNR)
• Environmental Management Department (EMD)
• Water Management District (WMD)
• National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA)
• United States Army Corps of Engineers Permitting (USACE)
• National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES)
• United States Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS)
• Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC)
• Department of Defense (DoD)